Friday, October 2, 2015

Essential Question Project (not finished)

The word I first came up with was death. When I came up with my list of questions, the one that really stood out to me was "Is there beauty in death?" I remembered one of my favorite characters in an anime, and she was a dullahan. She's really oretty, but she doesn't have a head. Dullahans are fairies of death in Celtic mythology. 

Final sketch + practice sketches w/ notes
I'm not done with my final sketch yet, but I'm going to be tracing this onto an illustration board, inking the dress black, and inking the outline. Then, I'll use watercolor (or just water and colored ink) to make colorful shadows that come out of the neck. It's slightly challenging for me, since I don't have much experience with drawing the human body, so I've been doing a lot of practice at the side. As long as I don't mess it up, I think the final product will look pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment