Thursday, September 10, 2015

Element Project


stencil on top of black canvas
The element I ended up using was space. I decided to highlight negative and positive space in my piece. I took the word space a bit literally, and ended up making the light parts a galaxy pattern.

I used a picture of my friend as a reference. She has really long hair, so I extended it even more outwards to fill up the bottom part of the canvas. I chose this subject because I thought it would look best if I used a person, since their skin could blend into the background.

touching up with black paint

To actually paint the picture, I used both acrylic paint and spray paint. I painted the canvas a metallic black color with acrylic paint. Then, I used a stencil and spray painted the galaxy. Overall, I think it turned out pretty good for my first time creating stencils and using spray paint as a medium.


No comments:

Post a Comment